Friday, June 19, 2009

You Can't Beat a 96

Really that is all there is to it, this is a Sri Lankan team they played in group, and lost there, and nothing really changed between that meeting and today's. I have to say, I'm proud of how far the West Indies have come, they have a shot to take 3rd place, all they have to do is step up and become a different team than the one that already lost to South Africa. That being said, this was a fine performance from the West Indies. They really did give it everything they had, and when the tournament goes home next year, we will not be looking at a #11 seed. Good luck against South Africa, and maybe we'll get a "We're Number Three!" chant.

2 comments:

Dylan said...

Painful.

You're implying there's a third place game, I don't think that's the case. I assume the Windies finish fourth, South Africa has to rank higher by every measurement.

Zack said...

I see that I was wrong in my assumption of a third place game (and you know, my underlying assumption that the ICC was all about that cash money, yo). I'd like to split the difference and hope that there's an automatic third place tie, cause really if they're not gonna play, you shouldn't be judging them for it.

All in all, I'm still impressed with this effort, and I'd like to know where this team has been lately, and if they're ready when Pakistan comes to town